Sunday, February 10, 2013

Newsflash in a non-witty style

Ok. The real update you've been waiting for.

As most of you know, I had surgery on Thursday, which I figure is 3 and a half day ago (don't trust my mental capabilities right now-as an example, I just wrote write instead of right). I've been chilling in the hospital with my parents, who have been so great to have around, even though they get to see me in my boring, mopy times more than anyone else does. But they don't complain much, which is appreciated.

All in all, I'm pretty tired and I walk pretty slowly, but everything is progressing and I'll get to eat solid foods tomorrow morning (TOAST!). I'm also scheduled to go home tomorrow afternoon, although I'm not 100% how that will look... I'm guessing it'll be a bit later.

I'm thankful for all the visits and prayers and notes and meals and the people who have taken my parents out and for my wonderful roommates who drive back and forth and take care of everything and for my fabulous friends who make time in their crazy busy lives to be here on a regular basis and make me feel normal even though I'm really not right now.

And I'm thankful for all the messages and e-mails as well! They make me smile each time I read them, and I will definitely be responding in the next few weeks! I'm sorry for the lack of update for the past few days. I've been a bit anti-computer, especially with an IV right on the top of my hand. I'm getting better at this typing thing though.

Anyway, thank you again for all your support (and your patience with me during the last few days!)

The end is in sight! What a crazy last few months it has been.

Gah. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

1 comment: