The thought of writing a non-cancerous blog thrills and excites me. Just saying.
Yet, as I stare at the blank screen, it feels a tiny bit like I have forgotten how to write about other things. What has happened today? Is there anything worth writing about? I'm clearly rusty at this.
Speaking of being rusty... today our lovely cleaning lady came. Yes, there is a woman who comes to clean my house once a week. I think that maybe the school doesn't trust us to clean out toilets and mop our floors regularly. And, as my bed usually isn't even made any day of the week but today, they're probably right.
Her son came with her today because he wasn't feeling well. Side note, he was adorable and he played with my dog and it really made me consider adopting a child. But also I think the dog is too much work, so probably that's a bad idea.
Anyway, she was in a hurry because he was with her, so I told her I would do the sink-full of dishes in the kitchen.
Now, I was pretty sure that these weren't my dishes and was pretty embarrassed that one of my housemates would be rude enough to leave a pile of dishes that large for the cleaning lady to wash. Indignantly, I began scrubbing the one dish that I knew was mine because I had used it 5 minutes earlier.
And then the cookie sheet that I thought I had maybe cleaned, but hadn't really because it was clearly still from when I made cookies on Saturday night.
And then my bowl from Sunday morning.
And the spatula from the cookies.
And the Tupperware that had clearly held my leftover Valentine's Pot Pie... consumed by me... Saturday night.
Starting to see a trend? I certainly did. There were maybe 3 dishes that weren't mine. Embarrassing.
And the worst part was how thankful she was that I had taken the time to help her by cleaning up my own mess.
It's funny, because so many time sin youth group we have talked about being Jesus to others and being servants, and one of the ways that the girls have brought up is cleaning up your room before the maid comes. It always seems like an obvious thing to me, but I smile and nod and affirm.
I have a long ways to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment