Sunday, January 27, 2013

Request

Ah, what a weird week.

For those of you who read regularly (or have seen or talked to me at all this week), you're probably aware that the beginning of this week was really rough for me. I have cancer and have to have surgery and I don't want to. That is something that hasn't changed.

But I have had such a lovely weekend. I had a sleepover, I talked to and hung out with friends, got stuff done, and have felt so peaceful. Also I have pushed it out of my mind that I have cancer and have to have surgery. It was lovely.

But this morning, I'm again faced with reality. I have to have surgery. It was supposed to be this coming week, but I still haven't been approved by the insurance. My parents were supposed to come on Tuesday, but I don't know when surgery will be. I'm not ready with sub plans and quarter plans and grading. I'm not ready for this process.

Because of all this and also because I really hate uncertainty and there's a lot of it in my life right now, I would REALLY appreciate prayers today and tomorrow. Prayers that the insurance will go through soon and there won't be any complications. Prayers that my parents can reschedule their flights and that the surgery will actually happen on the new days that they're here. Prayers that I can be peaceful without being in denial.

And prayers for everyone who is walking this journey with me. I'm praying for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment