Sunday, January 27, 2013

A legitimate, informative, and requestive update

I feel like a legitimate update is in order. By legitimate, I mean, not just an update about my feelings. But those are also legitimate. So I guess I mostly mean an informative update is in order. So here it is, all the Anna information that you could possibly want. And probably more.

One update is that I am caught up on grading for the first time since before my first surgery. This feel really, really good. Like, I want to dance good. But I also want to dance a lot, so that doesn't mean all that much.

Another update (and let's be serious, this is the one you're waiting for and the reason you clicked this link) is that I still don't have a surgery date scheduled.

One of the frustrating things about having a non-emergency surgery is that there are a lot of steps and paperwork involved in scheduling it, and this tends to involve a lot of waiting. And this waiting seems to be intensified when you're in a country where there's no mail and you do all the paperwork through a second party and you can't really make your own phone calls because your Spanish classes in College didn't really teach you how to navigate insurance vocabulary.

So there's no date. And my parents, who were originally coming on Tuesday, are now coming next week Monday in the hope that we will have approval and be able to schedule surgery for next week.

This is mildly annoying, as I don't REALLY want to have surgery in the first place and I don't REALLY want to go through another month of recovery, and if I have to, I'd rather just get it done now.

Still, this does seem to mean that I get another week to plan for a sub, and to mentally prepare, and to enjoy being healthy. So I'm grateful for that.

This weekend has been lovely for my mental health, both because of time spent with friends and because of all the prayers I know you've been sending. I'm also so thankful for the e-mails and messages that continue to make me feel supported and loved.

My prayer requests for the week are as follows.

1: They are interviewing a sub tomorrow. I didn't have a great experience with subs the last time I was in surgery, and I would very much appreciate it if we could pray that they will find someone who is responsible and easy to work with and ready and willing to invest in these kids for the next month.

2: Paperwork and Scheduling. I feel a little bit like I'm at the mercy of the system, but I also know that God is bigger than the system. Pray that papers get into the right hands and the hospital has a bed and operating room open at the right time and that the Doctor's schedule will coincide nicely with all of this.

3: Peace. I'd be lying if I said I'm not still struggling with the fact that I really don't want this. I don't. Pray that I'll be able to trust God and understand, not just know, that God is good all the time, and that all the time God is good.

4: My students: Pray for them as they have exams and a new quarter, and also as they will have to adjust to another sub. Pray that they'll be willing to work and learn this quarter and that they won't lose a lot with me being gone. Also prayers in general for them are always appreciated as there's always SOMETHING going on... do you remember being 12-13? Not fun.

Thank you all for all you do. You are greatly appreciated and loved.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update. I am sharing it with other. Praying, praying,praying. Aunt Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Anna everyday and praying that it all falls in to place exactly how God wants it to. Love you!

    ReplyDelete