Friday, November 2, 2012

On being the woman I want to be

Tonight a ran through a crowded mall.

This is silly, and probably not remotely grown up. Yes, I know. But this was also exhilarating and thrilling and excited and risky, at least a little bit. It felt like something some super brave and quirky character in a move (think Zooey Deschanel) would do.

Now, I love my life. I don't mind me most the time, although we have our moments. But I'd be lying if I said I felt like I was already the person I'd like to be or that I'm not still developing. That's life, yo. I understand that growing up, growing wiser, and making progress is a process.

Still, tonight was a good reminder that maybe there are times you just have to go for it. Maybe that's silly. But I ran around a mall tonight. What did you expect?

1 comment: