Wednesday, November 14, 2012

There's a reason I've been posting more lately, in case you've been wondering.

Last year I kept a blog where I tried to write almost daily. November of last year was chronicling my lows of Student Teaching. Mm, were they low sometime.

This has been a lower week for me. I feel the darkness, the icky inadequacy, the doubts, the loneliness, and the desire to just sleep all the time.

Yesterday I had a dear friend over and we talked for a brief amount of time about feeling like we suck at teaching and whether or not that is normal. You know what they say, misery loves company.

Well, it's not exactly misery. There are still a lot of good moments and breakthroughs. My day today wasn't even that bad after I got through second period and homeroom.  It's just that feeling of gloom that I can't quite shake.

Regardless of what it is, it's nice to be able to read back and reminisce, not because I want to dwell in those feelings, but to remember that it won't always be like that/this. It's good to see the lights that happened then, and think about how much life has changed. It's a good reminder of what God has done and is doing.

Anyway.

Blogging more. It's easier to find this day last year on a blog than in a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment