Part of me is tempted to write a really whiny post. I'm feeling whiny today. Nobody knows the troubles I've seen, nobody knows my sorrows, etc etc etc.
But honestly, I know that's not REALLY true, because there are a lot of crappy things in the world. And even non-crappy things, like teaching all day every day and going home and prepping to teach some more, can kind of suck sometimes. My life is just a life, like everyone elses.
So this is what I know. But I'm warning you, I still feel kind of whiny.
But. A good thing. I stopped by school today (no, I did not work, and no, I was not there all day. Just the very very end of the day). I was in the office until the bell rang, and then I stepped in the hall to see some of those people who make everything worthwhile. I made it maybe 80 cm (that is a joke. It was probably more like 280 cm). Then... students.
So many students.
So many hugs.
So many "Meese!"'s. (That is NOT how to properly punctuated that. At all.)
So good. So very good. I missed them a lot.
And as they headed to the bus and the hallways cleared, I was left with a shadow. It was a student who doesn't necessarily do a whole lot in my class, but was fully ready to come home with me and cook all my meals as well as to talk my ear off and tell me everything about everything. And I didn't know we were close, but now I do. I'm good with that too.
And I loved it. Because that is what makes me feel like a teacher. Being there, having discussions, knowing and loving my people, that is what I love. I do not love making grammar powerpoints or writing quizzes and discussion questions. But, right now, that's just the way it is.
But tomorrow is already Thursday. I've been home almost a week, and life is flying by. Soon enough, things will be back to normal and I'll probably still be whiny. And that's that, and I apologize in advance.
bahaha that punctuation is ridiculous! :-D
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got so much love from your students. It was well-deserved.