Week 1 is over.
How quickly it has gone! How many things have happened!
I am nearly finished memorizing names. There are a couple of really good, really quiet kids who I struggle with when I see them in the halls, but for the most part, I have completed this week's homework.
One of my students told me I'm her favorite teacher because my class is funny. Maybe not the best reason, but I do want them to be comfortable.
It's real. It's mine. A classroom of my own students. Responsibility of my own. It's scary. It's lovely.
They're good kids. It's been a good week. Here's hoping for a good year.
Was it a perfect week? Of course bot. There were so many things that didn't go as planned. I've been way nicer than I mean to be, and it's probably going to kick my butt in the next few weeks. So much to do, so much for me to learn.
But I'm getting to learn. I get to grow. Gah! Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment