Friday, August 17, 2012

Whoops!

Do not be alarmed. I am here. I am just crazy busy almost all of the time being filled with information and new things and responsibility. This is a good thing. But it makes me less inclined to blog and more inclined to go to bed immediately when I arrive at home.

I finished my 2nd day of school orientation this afternoon and am very much looking forward to the weekend, although I have lots of things to work on.

My house is very nice and I have a lovely full-sized (read grown-up!) bed, so that is one thing crossed off my bucket list. I'm still working at finishing putting some pictures up and on starting putting all the non-clothes stuff away, so I don't have any pictures yet.

My classroom is still a work in progress, but I've been pintresting for ideas, and I'm sure it'll feel much more like home once I unpack all my books, which is something that will HOPEFULLY happen on Monday.

I just google voiced my mom, and that makes things seem much less far away. To be honest, I'm much more preoccupied with school and starting and the fact that my first classes start a week from today than the fact that I am abroad. Maybe that will change this weekend as we go on some city tours and eat out and go to church. Also I guess when I walk through my gate which is opened by a watchyman (the guard paid to watch our neighborhood which is a gated community), that feels a little bit foreign to. And the shower. And the water from a jug and never the tap. Hm. Turns out I'm not in the States. Fascinating.

Anyway. This is a little factual, but I wanted to have something, just in case anyone was wondering.

I have pretty good internet access most of the time, so feel free to e-mail me or whatever if you so desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment