Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Progress

I was a bit overwhelmed today. School starts so soon, I'm new at this and new at here, my room felt chaotic, my plans felt non-existent and I woke up tired.

By a not overwhelmed, I mean overwhelmed for real. To be honest, I just wanted my mom and to be getting ready to GO to school, not TEACH it!

But that wasn't really an option, so forward I went.

And now it's 11:15, after a very log day.

My classroom is starting to look like a classroom. I have more or less 8 lessons planned - all of one grade level and 3 (minus a couple page numbers) of the other. My quarter is more or less in order.

And I still got to call my mom. And there was a baby gecko in my room (that we caught and released outside, don't worry, no parent trap lizard in mouth moments should occur tonight!).

I'm still feeling overwhelmed. I'm still feeling questionable about my adequacy. But I'm feeling slightly less overwhelmed and inadequate than I did this morning. Progress. I guess that means that all in all, it was a pretty good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment