Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The things I don't know, and wouldn't mind learning sooner rather than later

I don't know how to be this person.

I don't know how to balance whole group instruction with the very real needs of individual students.

I don't know how to balance doing my job well with having a normal life.

I don't know how to do my job well.

I don't know how to develop real, unforced friendships intentionally.

I don't know how to balance the fact that this is truly one of the greatest things I've ever done and that this is also one of the hardest things I've ever done.

I don't know how to convey all those emotions to people who aren't here without giving them the impression that it's all good or all bad. It's new. It's good and bad.

I don't know how to give up all the stress and anxiety and worry and doubt and anxiety to God and trust that he's working through me.

I don't know.

But I'm working on it.

I don't know what else to do.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on doing what you're doing. You DO know what you're doing.

    If you can turn an extremely awkward situation into the friendship we have, you can befriend anyone. ;-)

    Don't doubt yourself so much.

    You are excellent, in every way.

    ReplyDelete