Tuesdays are a rough day. We do writing, which is the least favorite part of English class for the majority of my students (and the hardest to teach for me), the week stretches out ahead of us, I need to start thinking about planning but don't want to, and the word looks really ugly when you write it out. Tuesday. Seriously? Not an attractive word. I rarely wear my Tuesday socks because of that. Also because they're actually really ugly.
Anyway. I should ban myself from posting on Tuesdays, as I'm usually pretty beat by bedtime.
This has been a rough week though. I had a good number of students do poorly on a quiz, and because I really don't want them to fail and I want them to know the material, I contacted parents and offered a study period and make-up quiz during my free lunches. In theory (and probably in reality) it was a good idea, but my goodness. So much extra work to communicate with all the parents and all of a sudden, all these kids have questions, which is GREAT but also I have about a billion things to do and I feel the extra drain of this on my time. I didn't get my quizzes made, my study guides for next week, or my lesson plans done on their normal days. I've been scrambling to catch up in every spare moment.
Sorry. Too much rant. Needless to say, I was very tired and wondering if it's really worth all the life I put into this.
Then today, I was awarded Teacher of the Month for Middle School. The award itself, not a big deal. I mean, I'm a little pleased to have received it, but I also know it could have gone to any of my colleagues because they're all quite deserving (more-so than me, in my opinion). It wasn't the award. It was the wording that went with it that noticed the work I've been doing and the effect it has on my students and the promising future I have ahead of me.
I needed to hear that it matters, and there's promise there, especially after this week.
I am thankful, both for the award AND that tomorrow is Friday.
Please notice the wonderful use of the BFF conjunction pair both/and. Yeah 6th grade :-)
PS - Agradecido means thankful. It's a word I've seen in a lot of the parent communication I've received this week. Estoy agradecido por sus agradecida.
No comments:
Post a Comment