Wednesday, September 12, 2012

When I was in high school and I got really overwhelmed or stressed, I would get physically ill. My body would decide it had had enough, and that'd be that.

Once college hit, there wasn't time for that. I don't really know how I handled stress in college. I think that maybe it didn't get to me because I was using it as a way to avoid thinking too much.

This week? No time to be sick, the only thing on my mind to escape from (or really ever) is the same thing that I'm stressing about, so that's out....my body has turned to tears. Tears brought on for reasons, out of the blue., about friends, family, fall. Tears for students, tears because of students, tears because all the uncharacteristic tears.

It's annoying, and it makes me feel weak and ashamed of myself.

But I have to remind myself that this is all new. Teaching is hard, moving is hard, new relationships are hard, change is hard. It's ok to cry. I just wish I was a little closer to people whose shoulders I know.

1 comment:

  1. Crying is a form of release! So, don't be ashamed of crying. It's your body trying to relieve some of that stress :-) I love you.

    ReplyDelete