I'm
not going to lie, I don't spend much time thinking about what I'll wear
in the morning. I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm not ready to start a day.
Whatever is lying around is probably good, provided I didn't wear it the
day before. I'm pretty sure that would be noticed. Although, maybe I
should test it for science. They notice when I don't wear purple. Don't ask how often that happens, I can't tell you.
Anyway, today was a day that made me sad. Yes, I was wearing black, no, this was probably not the reason. My socks were purple. Anyway. Today made me not want to go back tomorrow, not want to try to love those students. Today they hurt me.
There's a verse written on the wall over my bed. Actually, it's multiple verses, but same difference.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. - Colossians 3:12-14
So I'm going to bed soon. I'm laying out kindness and patience and I'm forgiving my grievances because when it comes down to it, Lord knows I have been forgiven, both by him and by those precious children who drive me insane.
The reason I post this? Not because I'm super spiritual. I promise, that is not really a thing. Not because I want you to think I'm humble or wise, although, a little bit I do, even though I know it's not true.
Honestly? The real reason?
One of my students offered me up as a prayer request today. She wanted us to ask God to give me the strength to be a good teacher and to do everything I needed to. And I needed that. Still need it.
Pray that I can put on love. Pray that I'll have patience. Pray that I'll be willing to forgive. Pray the same things for my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment