Thursday, March 7, 2013

One Month Later

Today is my one month antiversary with cancer and a section of my large intestine.

It also marks 6 days back at school, 16 days from my trip to go get scuba certified, and a month from being 3/4 of the way done with my first year of teaching.

Crazy, right?

Yet, not crazy at all. in fact, today was a normal day. The best one this week, but still normal. I taught some, I planned some, and went to some meetings with staff and parents. No falls, no tears. my students even noticed that my smile was real today! I went over to a dear friend's house for delicious dinner tonight. I watched Glee with my wonderful housemates.

And I just find myself feeling so thankful for normal and good. I almost feel like there's a lack of things to blog about... and a little bit I just wanted to celebrate that feeling.

Happy Antiversary, cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment